Dentures, also more commonly referred to as ‘false teeth’, are removable prostheses with artificial teeth and flanges that are not only used for the replacement of missing teeth, lost/ resorbed gum (soft tissues) and bone tissues, but also to provide facial support to your lip and cheek, and to re-establish the lower facial height to satisfactory form, function and aesthetics.
At Perth Prosthodontics, we provide a range of denture solutions, including partial and complete dentures, overdenture procedures, implant supported dentures and other denture alternatives. For more information on our denture costs and services, contact our clinic in Perth today.
- Partial denture refers to a prosthesis that replaces one or a few missing teeth in the dental arch.
- Complete or full denture refers to a prosthesis that replaces the entire dental arch of missing teeth.
The support, retention and stability of dentures are dependent on
- Quality of alveolar ridges and soft tissue (gum or soft tissues) coverage
- Presence of sound teeth serving as abutments
- Saliva – quality and quantity
- Individual adaptive ability – decreases with age, medical and dental health decline
If the above clinical parameters are favourable, most patients adapt well to well-constructed dentures for the daily functions of eating, speech and aesthetic / cosmetic needs.
If the above clinical parameters are unfavourable, it may be impossible to attain a satisfactory result regardless of clinical and technical expertise. In particular, lower jaw complete or full dentures tend to be less well tolerated than their upper counterpart, given the demanding coordination of cheek, tongue and jaw movements required to retain and stabilise the denture during eating and speech.
For those patients who cannot tolerate their dentures or wish to consider a more retentive and stable alternative, our implant supported/retained solutions (full arch fixed prosthesis or removable overdentures) may be an option.
All dentures or “false teeth” procedures carry benefits and associated risks and complications. It is best for our clinicians at Perth Prosthodontics to balance these factors and provide professional advice to help you make an informed decision on whether the procedure should proceed.
Removable and Partial Dentures at Perth Prosthodontics
If you’ve been thinking about undergoing a complete or partial denture procedure, our clinic, located in South Perth, can provide a wide range of denture solutions to suit your needs. Please contact us on (08) 9368 0888 to make an appointment or to discuss your needs.
- Dental Implants
- Implant Dentistry – under treatment portfolio
- Implant Supported/Retained Dentures – under treatment portfolio