- Bachelor of Dental Science, University of Queensland, Australia
- Master Science in Dentistry, University of Washington, USA
- Graduate Certificate in Prosthodontic, University of Washington, USA
- Fellow of American College of Prosthodontics
- Aesthetic Perio-Prosthodontic
- Digital Dentistry
- Dental Implant Biomechanics and Reconstructions
- Complex Reconstruction – Management of Worn Dentition
- Complex Multidisciplinary Dental Treatment – Collaboration with Other Dental Specialists
Dr Armand Putra completed his undergraduate training in 2010 at the University of Queensland, graduating with a Bachelor of Dental Science degree. In 2016, Dr Putra completed 3-year full time Graduate Certificate Training in Prosthodontics and a Master Science in Dentistry from the University of Washington, Seattle.
Following his residency, Dr Putra further focused on implant surgery and complex implant rehabilitation through a 1-year full time Fellowship in Implant Dentistry under the world renowned implantologist, Professor Joseph Kan at Loma Linda University, California.
Through rigorous examination, Dr Putra received US certification by the American Board of Prosthodontics and American National Board of Dental Laboratory Technology (Dental Technician) in 2017.
Dr Putra is
• an Affiliate Professor at the University of Washington (Graduate Prosthodontics)
• a Fellow of the American College of Prosthodontists
• a Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics
With keen interest in academic research in dental material science and prosthodontic techniques, Dr Putra has remained active in giving presentations both locally and internationally. Amongst them, his presentation title ‘A Technique to Correct Anterior-Posterior Tooth Discrepancy for a Maxillary Immediate Denture’ was awarded by the American College of Prosthodontists in 2016. Furthermore, his research titled ‘Effect of Hydrothermal Treatment on Light Transmission of Translucent Zirconia’ was awarded the prestigious Tylmann Research Competition in 2016. His latest international achievement sees his case presentation on Zerodonto becoming a finalist case for the European Federation Periodontology perio-contest prize.
Dr Putra has published in various respected international dental journals, including the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry and the Journal of Prosthodontics. The titles of his journals include:
- Putra A, Chung K, Flinn, Kuykendall T, Zheng C, Harada K, Raigrodski A. Effect of hydrothermal treatment on light transmission of translucent zirconia. J Prosthet Dent. 2017 Sept; 118(3):422-429.
- Bedrossian EA, Putra A, Chung KH. A Technique to Correct Anterior-Posterior Tooth Discrepancy for a Maxillary Immediate Complete Denture. J Prosthet Dent. 2017 Nov 21;
- Putra A, Guilherme N, Chung K, Cagna D. Effect of de-bonding and re-bonding of hybrid abutment.
(submitted, in review)
- Roe P, Rungcharassaeng K, Kan J, Putra A. Adhesive residue on the NobelGuide surgical sleeve: prevalence and prosthetic significance.
(submitted, in review)
Dr Putra has joined the team at Perth Prosthodontics as an associate in 2018, with special interest in the management of aesthetically demanding and complex multidisciplinary cases. Dr Putra is registered to practise as a general dental practitioner in Australia and is in the process of seeking accreditation with the Dental Board of Australia to be recognised as a specialist prosthodontist in Australia.
To maintain a high level of clinical advancements for the practice of prosthodontics, Dr Putra is a member / fellow of the following reputable professional organisations.
- American College of Prosthodontics (ACP)
- American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics (AAFP)
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID)