|Patient:||77 year old, Male|
- Pain when eating with upper metal partial denture.
- Multiple breakages of teeth and upper denture teeth and lower implant supported full arch fixed prosthesis (dental implant bridge) done 18 months ago.
- Poor design of upper metal partial denture and lower implant supported full arch fixed prosthesis (dental implant bridge) – leading to poor support, stability, occlusion (bite) and trauma to underlying gum tissues, poor access for oral hygiene measures and acrylic fractures
- Failing upper front teeth from periodontitis / periodontal disease (gum and bone infection) – will require eventual extraction (removal) and replacement.
- Full mouth prosthodontic rehabilitation at increased occlusal vertical dimension (bite height) – composite fillings of upper front teeth and construction of new upper metal partial denture and lower implant supported full arch fixed prosthesis (dental implant bridge) – with customised design to address above concerns and high strength material use to ensure longevity.
- NOTE: This clinical case is published under the title of “Repeated Acrylic Fractures on a Mandibular Fixed Full-arch Implant-supported Metal / Acrylic Prosthesis” in the textbook of “ITI Treatment Guide – Volume. 8 – Biological and Hardware Complications in Implant Dentistry”. https://www.iti.org/TGV08