|Patient:||73 year old, Male|
- Multiple broken teeth with sharp edges.
- Difficulty in eating foods.
- Seeking improvement in function (eating and chewing) and cosmetic appearance.
- Cost concerns – staged / phased treatment approach requested given limited finances.
- Severe generalised tooth wear – attrition from functional and parafunctional (bruxism) habits (clenching and grinding) and acid erosion.
- Severe shortened dental arch – inadequate number of teeth for satisfactory masticatory (eating and chewing) function.
- Full mouth prosthodontic rehabilitation at increased occlusal vertical dimension (bite height) – tooth extractions (removal), composite fillings and strategic dental crown placement in teeth providing support to occlusion (bite) and upper metal partial denture for the replacement of multiple missing upper teeth.