|Patient:||48 year old, Female|
- All teeth are extremely sensitive (painful) teeth to food and drinks and biting pressure – impacting on normal eating, chewing and drinking functions.
- Complex medical history and dental anxiety
- Localised severe tooth wear in upper front teeth and premolars – from functional and parafunctional (bruxism) habits (clenching and grinding) and acid erosion.
- Heighted sensitivity – displaying signs of central sensitization (chronic dental pain).
- Upper jaw prosthodontic rehabilitation in reorganised approach at increased occlusal vertical dimension (bite height) – under IV sedation.
- Tooth extraction of unrestorable teeth and implant placement by an oral and maxillofacial surgeon.
- Composite fillings and strategic ceramic / porcelain restorations (veneers, onlays) in teeth with decay, fracture and moderate tooth wear.
- Implant supported screw retained crown for replacement of missing tooth (upper right premolar/molar region).
- Construction of upper full arch splint to protect remaining teeth and restorations from further wear and fracture (night use only).
- Collaboration with an oral medicine specialist in the management of central sensitisation.